Deep dive: then a ‘deep dive’, which involves gathering evidence on the curriculum intent, implementation and impact over a sample of subjects, topics or aspects. … The intent of the deep dive is to seek to interrogate and establish a coherent evidence base on quality of education.
What is an Ofsted deep dive?
An Ofsted deep dive is an in-depth examination of a national curriculum subject by an Ofsted inspection team. It is part of the Ofsted inspectors’ remit to monitor the 3 Is – Intent, Implementation and Impact – of the curriculum.
What is a deep dive in reading?
As part of the new Ofsted framework for 2019, all schools will be subject to a ‘deep dive’ into their reading provision, which involves gathering evidence on the curriculum intent, implementation and impact of the subject in collaboration with leaders, teachers and pupils.
What will Ofsted ask in a deep dive?
Typical ofsted deep dive questions
- why is the curriculum structured the way it is?
- how do you ensure the National Curriculum is covered?
- how do you ensure progression in your subject?
- how do you track progression in your subject?
- how do you evidence progression?
- how do you assess progression in your subject?
What is the purpose of a deep dive?
Deep-Dive™ is the name of a technique used to rapidly immerse a group or team into a situation for problem-solving or idea creation. This approach is often used for brainstorming product or process development.
What are deep dive questions?
9 Dive Deep Interview Questions and Sample Answers
- Give me two examples of when you did more than what was required in any job experience. …
- Tell me about something that you learned recently in your role. …
- Tell me about a time you had to quickly adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands?
What do Ofsted look for in lessons?
OFSTED defines an outstanding lesson as one in which pupils are: Inspired, engaged and motivated. … Keen to contribute to the lesson, asking relevant questions and debating the topic with enthusiasm. Interacting productively with each other as well as the teacher.
What does Ofsted say about reading?
In 2019, Ofsted made “how children are taught to read” a priority for inspections in schools. Under the new EIF, all “infant, junior, primary and lower-middle schools” will undergo a reading ‘deep dive. ‘ This is mandatory and includes phonics!
What does Ofsted say about reading for pleasure?
The 2019 Ofsted report found that rigorous approaches to teaching reading developed children’s enjoyment and that children read widely and often (Ofsted, 2019, p. 10), a finding that reflects the DfE’s (2013) expected approaches to RfP.
What questions do Ofsted ask subject leaders?
Ofsted and subject leadership – Key questions to consider:
- Has the school made the objectives of their curriculum clear for your subject?
- Does the school’s curriculum for your subject align with national policy and statutory requirements?
- How do you know your curriculum is working?
Can I repeat deep dives?
Players can run a given Deep Dive as many times as they want, however the rewards can only be received once per Deep Dive.
How long does a deep dive take?
Deep Dives are three long missions combined. One normal mission lasts you around 45 minutes, while a Deep Dive will last you a couple of hours.
What is a project deep dive?
The Project Deep Dive Review is a broad and deep presentation & discussion involving project leaders, program management, and senior leaders. It serves to accurately convey information about a project’s plans, the progress in executing those plans, and the prognosis for success.