What do you need for an overnight float trip?
Be Prepared for the River
It gives us fresh air and open spaces. It gives us a sense of the majesty of the natural world. But packing for your trip requires planning. While there are many ways to escape into the outdoors, few are as thrilling, yet somber as the river trip.
What should I bring on a rafting trip?
Packing for a Rafting Trip – What to Bring
- Good River Shoes. The cheap slip-on things and flip-flops just don’t cut it when it comes to walking on slippery river rocks. …
- Lotion. …
- Extra Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes. …
- Emergen-C (or whatever you use to boost your immune system) …
- Tape. …
- Camp ‘Slippers’ …
- Small Ground Blanket. …
How do you plan an overnight raft trip?
6 Tips for Planning the Perfect Overnight Paddling Trip
- Nail Down Your Paddling Itinerary. …
- Make a Plan for Put-In, Take-Out, and Shuttles. …
- Research Permits and Regulations. …
- Bring the Right Camping Gear. …
- Know How You’ll Pack Your Gear. …
- Practice Packing and Rigging Your Boats at Home.
What should I wear for river rafting?
Most rafting experts will tell you that cotton clothing has a tendency to get wet and stay wet. That’s why it’s important to wear materials like wool, fleece, polyester, or any waterproof or quick drying fabric.
What to pack for floating the river?
What to Bring on a Float Trip
- Your Vessel of Choice (This can be an inner tube, raft, canoe or kayak. Don’t forget an air pump if necessary.)
- Tube Repair Kit.
- Dry Bag.
- Bungee Cords.
- Ziplock Bags.
- Waterproof Cell Phone Case or Floating Phone Case. Float Trip Safety.
What do you wear under a wetsuit rafting?
For rafting in colder weather, we strongly recommend:
Wetsuits, splash jackets, and river shoes (available complimentary at our office); a swimsuit and synthetic layers to wear underneath your wetsuit. Synthetic layers to wear under your splash jacket, such as fleece that will continue to keep you warm while wet…
What should I pack for a rafting trip to the Grand Canyon?
What to Bring on the Grand Canyon
- Nylon shorts.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt (for sun protection)
- Long cotton pants (if you sunburn easily)
- Sun hat or visor with tie-on.
- Sunglasses with strap.
- Two-piece rainsuit.
Do you need water shoes for white water rafting?
A: Closed-toe athletic training shoes, running shoes, or water shoes are the best choice for most river rafting trips. Whitewater-specific shoes are nice—but not necessary for Timberline trips. In cold temperatures or on high-intensity sections of whitewater, neoprene booties with rugged soles are often worn.
How much water should you bring on a rafting trip?
One gallon per person per day of fresh drinking water is the recommended minimum. The simplest and surest source of clean drinking water is to bring lightweight, 5 gallon hard plastic containers.
How much water should you bring when rafting?
1 gallon per day per person is the standard rule of thumb and will leave you with extra.
How do you plan a river trip?
Planning a Safe River Trip
- Preplanning. Know the river. Know your group. Know your own skills and resources. Have the right equipment.
- On the River. Travel safely. Keep the group together in some fashion. Be prepared for a rescue. Have the proper paddling and rescue skills.
How do you pack a cooler for a raft trip?
How to Pack a Cooler Like a Pro
- Preparation is your friend. Marinating meat? …
- Pack separate coolers for beverages and food. …
- Pack big coolers. …
- Choose your type of ice wisely. …
- Pack too much ice. …
- Ice goes on the bottom. …
- Put (almost) everything in ziplocks. …
- Pack only cold or frozen food.
Is polyester good for rafting?
Polypropylene, polyester, and nylon materials provide wicking ability and will dry quickly. Fleece is another good clothing material to wear when you go white water rafting near Gatlinburg in the early spring and fall months since it will keep you warm.